Estimator (Salem, MA)
The estimator will be responsible for estimating commercial and retail construction
projects in a timely manner with full specifications and details, following submittals and
RFI's. We are an estimating professional that is self-motivated, extremely well organized
and accurate; excels in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment, and is capable of
working in a team environment. The successful candidate will be an excellent
communicator with an ability to prioritize and multi task.
• Read architectural and ID drawings and understand specifications..
• Provide correct take offs.
• Estimate materials and labor, and budget for commercial and retail projects.
• Form strong working relationships with subcontractors, estimators, architects
• Commit to deadlines and deliver accurate estimates in a timely fashion.
• Manage and respond to RFIs and submittals during the job acquisition cycle.
• Attend on site pre-bid proposals and job meetings as needed.
• Minimum of 3+ years construction experience, estimating experience strongly
• Experienced with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
• Proficiency in takeoff software a plus
• High degree of organization and accuracy
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Strong time management skills